The All Progressives Congress (APC), has set up 18 sub-committees ahead of the party’s special convention/presidential primary scheduled to hold between June 6th and 8th.
A statement by the National Publicity Secretary of the party, Felix Morka, said the Governor of Gombe State, Inuwa Yahaya, would Chair the budget committee, while the Minister of Finance, Zainab Ahmed would be the co-chair.
Morka added that the Finance and Logistics committee would be chaired by Governor of Lagos State, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, while Accreditation and Decoration committee would be chaired by Dapo Abiodun, Governor of Ogun State.
He noted that the Governor of Ondo State, Rotimi Akeredolu, Security and Compliance, while the former Minister of Interior, Gen. Abdulrahman Dambazau (rtd) would be a Co-Chair:
5. Election Planning – H.E. Abubakar Atiku Bagudu (Governor of Kebbi State); Co-Chair: H.E. Hope Uzodinma (Governor of Imo State).
6. Transportation – H.E. (Dr.) Abdullahi Umar Ganduje (Governor of Kano State); Deputy: Dr. Ramatu Tijani Aliyu (Minister of State for the Federal Capital Territory).
7. Accommodation – H.E. Babagana Umara Zulum (Governor of Borno State); Co-Chair: H.E. Gboyega Oyetola (Governor of Osun State)
8. Media and Publicity- H.E. Abdullahi Sule (Governor of Nasarawa State).
9. Medicals – Dr. Chris Ngige (Minister of Labour and Employment); Co-Chair: Prof. Isaac Folorunso Adewole (former Minister of Health).
10. Legal: Abubakar Malami SAN, (Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice).
11. Venue and Site Servicing: H.E. Bello Muhammad Matawalle (Governor of Zamfara State); Co-Chair: Mohammed Musa Bello (Minister of the Federal Capital Territory).
12. Election Appeal – H.E. Mai Mala Buni, Governor of Yobe State
13. Hospitality and Welfare – H.E. Simon Lalong (Governor of Plateau State); Co-Chair: Hajiya Sadiya Umar Farouq (Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development).
14. Protocols – H.E. Aminu Bello Masari (Governor of Katsina State)
15. Digital Communications – H.E. AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq (Governor of Kwara State).
16. Pre-Convention/Management/ Rapporteur – H.E. Mallam Nasir Ahmad el-Rufai (Governor of Kaduna State); Deputy: Dame Pauline Tallen (Minister of Women Affairs).
17. Presidential Screening Appeal – H.E. Abubakar Sani Bello (Governor of Niger State); Co-Chair: Rt. Hon. Ahmed Idris Wase (Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives).
18. Accreditation of Diplomats – H.E. Ovie Omo-Agege (Deputy President of the Senate); Co-Chair: Geoffrey Onyeama (Minister for Foreign Affairs).